A twist on the traditional holiday bruschetta appetizer! This snack is gluten free + can be made completely dairy free as well--see below for the substitutions. The prep and process is super easy and these can be refrigerated and reheated as well!
- 1 bag of mini brussels sprouts or 1-2 large bunches
- Gluten Free Ancient Grains Cracklebred (Natural Nectar Brand) or can use regular bruschetta toasts
- 1 Tablespoon of Balsamic vinegear
- 1/2 cup of almond mozzarella or shredded mozzarella
- Pink salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- Splash of organic olive oil
- Cut the ends and take the outer leaves off the brussels sprouts and add to heated pan with olive oil, mix with 1 grated garlic clove and dash of pink salt and pepper. Make sure to stir and cook until they start to brown.
- Cut the large gluten-free toasts in half
- Remove the brussels sprouts from the pan into a small bowl, add 1 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (a little goes a long way) Mix together.
- Add 1/2 cup of the dairy free almond cheese or shredded mozzarella and put bowl in microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute to melt the cheese if the brussels sprouts are not warm enough to do so. Mix once again.
- Spoon the mixture onto the individual toasts and top with grated parmesan or leave the cheese out to make them dairy free.